Orange Winner!

It's been a fun week for me, and I hope for you as well, with all this orangeness. I love orange! 
This was the true test of it, too. I thought that after six straight days of looking intensely at orange I would be sick of it. Not even close!
I wanted to find some parting shots of orange today, but had a hard time. There was none to be seen at the local farmer's market, and on our walk, the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't get decent pics of all the orange flowers in the neighborhood. Our stop at the grocery store helped me a lot.
Orange bell peppers sit still for pictures. Good thing.
I'm glad I started this Junebug Days color challenge with orange. It was the easiest, being a pure secondary color, the mix of primary colors yellow and red. The rest of the month won't be so clear-cut.

But I know you're wondering...when is she gonna tell us who won the goodies?!
First I'll show you the goodies (in hopes that it will inspire you to enter the other challenges).

A book, some candy, a yummy-smelling candle, a wrister kit with two of my little patterns and some yarn and buttons to work it with, some other appropriately-hued yarn, a little pack of mat stack papers for some paper fun, a little hunk of post-it notes, a couple of decorated clothes pins, and another copy of one of my Mirth patterns. I think there's a few other things not showing, but you get the idea. 
It's just a bunch of fun in a box!

And the one who gets the goodies is...

Our panel of judges deemed the photo of her Kalajoki Socks to be the best one entered. It displayed orange nicely, was photographed well, and otherwise followed all the guidelines. This was not an easy decision, because we got some good, good entries!

Thanks to all of you who sent me your orange creations. I put links to you in the comments with your photos on the Flickr set for orange--your blog, your Ravelry project page, etc.--when I could find them, that is. In the coming weeks, be sure to give me this info in the e-mail when you send your photo entry. I want folks to come looking for more of your craftiness!

Alrighty then, I'll see you Monday for the next challenge!

Comments

Pumpkin said…
I can definitely tell you are having a very fun week! I can practically feel the energy coming from your post. Maybe it is just the orange though : )
Jen Hagan said…
I'm learning a lot with this challenge. And yes, the orange helps energize things! :-)
Congratulations, Cat! Lovely socks.
intrepidotter said…
Thanks!!! I'm so excited ~ Zots, Yankee Candles (I just had a long conversation about these with a friend yesterday), and knitting things! What a fun contest.
Guess it's too late to join in?Congrats to the orange winner.
Jen Hagan said…
Nana Go-Go, we have three more challenges to go! Not too late. Check back each Monday for the new challenge all month long. :-)

Popular Posts