Junebug Days: Orange Week!

Here we are smack dab between the birthdays of my two closest Junebugs--yesterday was my oldest daughter's 32nd birthday, (Happy Birthday, Em!) and tomorrow is my mom's 75th birthday!

On this most wonderful of days, we kick off the first week of Junebug Days 2012 with a tribute to one of my most favorite colors. Orange!

 It is said to be a power color, and this site says,
"It is one of the healing colors. It is said to increase the craving for food. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere. Lady luck's color is orange. I have been told that if a change of any kind is need in life, just burn an orange candle for 7 nights."

Interesting...

Another site says that orange, more than any other color tends to elicit a "love it" or "hate it" response. I have found that to be true. To which camp do you belong?

Whether you love orange or hate orange, I'm asking you to do something for me. All week long, take a little more time to notice orange in your surroundings. How is it used? Where do you see it? Once you actively look for it, do you find that there's more of it than you realized?

Myself? I love orange. You already know that I do a lot of knitting and crocheting, so it won't surprise you to see the orange set on Flickr that I set up for this event. I primed the pump with a few of my own images, and beginning tomorrow you will see some of your own images there, I hope!

Send me some images of your orange creations, if you have any you'd like to enter into the orange week of the Junebug Days challenge. I am already assembling a fun box of goodies for the winner of this week's challenge.

Could it be yours?

I'll be back tomorrow for more about the lovely and vibrant color orange. Until then, I hope to hear from you at jen(at)jenhagan(dot)com with some of your bits of orange.


For those of you on Instagram, let's have a little more fun. I am tagging my orange photos this week with #junebugdaysorange. Join me! 

Note: If you missed the details, see the previous post for the guidelines for this giveaway.

Comments

Vanessa said…
Yay! So much fun to celebrate our birthday month. I blogged about it here: http://wp.me/p1tHUV-kd

I'm always stuck when it comes to what to blog about on Mondays. Thanks for giving me ideas.
Pumpkin said…
Such beautiful oranges! I may sit out of this challenge, but I'm certainly going to observe!
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks Vanessa! I grabbed the hat photo. Pumpkin, thanks for observing, and feel free to jump in and comment anytime.

Popular Posts