Fuchsia WIP's

I'm a little late posting today, but first it was errands and then it was a bit of yard work beckoning and then I just had to get all my project materials out to the patio. This day is just too gorgeous to work inside!

Yesterday I scrounged around in my various projects to find some fuchsia, and for some reason, the ones where I found it involve crochet. 

I'm using this recently procured skein of Malabrigo Chunky in Geranio 44 for trying out on a Mirth pattern I'm working up. The original is in worsted weight, and I thought I would add an option for chunky weight as well. What you see here will need to be frogged, however, because I have to tweak. 
No problem! More fun!

I started my granddaughter a little Willow Hat from my design in Kim Werker's Crochet Gifts, but with Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool and with some color changes. I'm using color #35, #73, and this deep pink #75 called Griseldis Rose. I'm going to alternate these two color motifs and maybe stripe the crown. We'll see! 
The other option is with some Cascade 220 Superwash Sport, which you see in the upper left corner there. It's a little less bright, but I like how the colors work together in this motif. It's also very soft and machine washable. Very good qualities for a toddler hat!

And last but not least, here's our friend from NaCroMo finally having more Willow motifs added. 

So, see I do have some deep pinks in my UFO baskets, just not so much on my yarn shelf (okay, shelves).

Now I'm heading back outside to enjoy the weather. The yarn is calling for me!

Don't forget to send me pics of your fuchsia creations. On with Junebug Days!

Comments

Pumpkin said…
So many beautiful colors of yarn! You have such a great color (and pattern) aesthetic! I'm particularly loving that Malabrigo.
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks so much, Pumpkin! That's so nice! And you know this Mal is not only beautiful but so squishy soft! That's why I don't mind frogging and starting over. :-)
Caffeine Girl said…
Beautiful colors. Perfect summer palette.

I've been working on my screened porch to enjoy the weather. I haven't even minded the heat!
Such pretty work you do. Highly inspirational - off to find some pink yarn now!Have a good weekend Jen.
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks to both of you!

Popular Posts