A Sock of Seagulls

"I ran, I ran so far away...." No, not a Flock of Seagulls--a Sock of Seagulls! This was suggested to me, I believe, by the lovely Eilidh on the now defunct Save Gaelic forum. (How I miss that forum--so many wonderful, helpful Gaelic speakers now out of reach! Boohoo!)

Anyway, back to the socks. When I found the Triple Gull stitch in the first Barbara Walker Treasury, I knew I had to put it into a sock. It's so much fun to work. This pair is made with Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Winter Sky. Love the yarn & love the color. Thanks, Jen & Kassandra for the tests!

Just another of our little group of new patterns for spring--small projects for the warming weather. The Seagull Socks, or Stocainnean Fhaoileag* in the lovely Scots Gaelic.

*correct usage credited to the wonderful Camha of Save Gaelic Forum fame


Le deagh dhùrachd!
With best wishes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
How pretty! (But now I've got that song stuck in my head -- thanks)
JulieLoves2Knit said…
Oh - have enjoyed reading your blog and learning a little Gaelic in the process - thanks for all the info!!!

Popular Posts