WIP Wednesday!

Hi Folks! Last week's blog party got me all hooked up with the Blog Hub group on Ravelry and that's when I found out about WIP Wednesdays and FO Fridays. I'm certainly game for that! My first WWIP is this little top-down cardigan that I am working up for the next Figheadh Fundamental pattern. This one is being worked up in Brown Sheep Lanaloft Bulky in Turquoise Magic (LL-92) on size 10.5 needles. I wish you could see the vibrant teal color of this yarn. The sun is shining mightily here today and is changing the color to more of a royal blue in these pictures. I just got the sleeves done and now I am about to work the button and buttonhole bands. I'm in a quandary--which buttons? Luckily I had a little bag of green/blue/teal buttons of various sizes in my stash to choose from. The ones you see above in the middle are almost an exact match for the yarn color. The ones to the right are a lighter tint. I'm leaning toward the limey green ones on the left. One, because they are a little bigger and might make a better closure for the bulky fabric. Two, because the different color pops more against the teal and gives the sweater a more whimsical spin. Which would you pick? Oh, and look who I found in the back of the closet! I told you he was here someplace. Let me know what your choice is on the buttons and I'll see you back here for sure in a couple of days for FO Friday--maybe with the cardi above as the FO!

Comments

owlette said…
I like the ligth blue ones but they look to small my second choice would be the green ones:)
Misty said…
Wow, gorgeous colors in that sweater! I love Lanaloft.

I think the buttons depend on what you want to feature. The outer rows of greener buttons stand out more and so would be prominent. If you want the focus to be more on the sweater itself, then I would go with the darker blue buttons in the middle row.

Good luck deciding! I think either choice will look great!
Cyprienne said…
Go big green!
rachel said…
Adorable cardi! I'm also liking the lime green buttons - not only are they bigger to support the fabric, but the color pops on the teal.
Rogue Butterfly said…
I agree that the green buttons look charming, it's such a cute sweater!
Kelli said…
Such a cute sweater! There is something about the middle darker buttons that I really like :)
Jen Hagan said…
Well, I went ahead with the biggest green ones, but the little sweaters still need a more sustantial button. Nat (daughter #3) and I looked but could not find. The quest continues....

Popular Posts