2KCBWDAY5: And now, for something completely different!

In honor of the day, I am sharing with you a little pastime of mine--making silly lyrics in my head using other people's tunes! Yeah! Sing along with me.


We Can Rip It Out!

(A ballad to bad knits sung to the tune of We Can Work It Out, with sincere apologies to Paul McCartney)


cue tamborine


Tried to knit a beauty,

Tried to keep on going even though I wasn't sure.

Tried to make it pretty,

Tried to persevere and knit and knit with faith so pure.


Didn't rip it out! Didn't rip it out!


Thought the yarn was lovely.

Thought that it would make a bad idea somehow turn right.

Thought the stitch was brilliant.

Thought the two of them would get along and would not fight.


Should I rip it out? Should I rip it out?


Life is very short, and there's no time for ripping and tinking, my friend.

I must learn to swatch, before I get myself in deep and lose good hours to bad knits.


Maybe it will happen.

Maybe it will somehow turn a corner and be right.

Maybe it was genius.

Maybe it will happen if I try with all my might.


I won't rip it out! I won't rip it out!


Life is very short, and there's no time for ripping and tinking, my friend.

I must learn to swatch, before I get myself in deep and lose good hours to bad knits.


Time to call it failure.

Time to face the truth that it's a waste of some good yarn.

Time to face it, darlin'.

There's a good knit waiting to be had, so let's move on!


Gotta rip it out! We can rip it out!

In sad memory of some pretty bad knits.

Comments

Vanessa said…
Very clever! This made me giggle. :)
Julie said…
Great song, I love it!
Anonymous said…
this made me giggle, so creative
Danielle said…
Love it :)
Voie de Vie said…
See, great minds ... love this. I was singing the refrain in my head.

And those knits don't look so bad ... well, mostly. :)
Stefanie said…
You totally nailed that thought that we all have! Creative way to present.
rachel said…
Too cute and clever! I always subscribe to the notion that if I have an inkling that I should frog, no amount of extra knitting will change it (which I've learned from knitting fails that will remain nameless). :)
AC said…
Made me smile, and I definitely agree with the sentiment.
Natalie Goza said…
that is awesome! Can I hear you sing it on Thursday, please or please?
Alexandra said…
Brilliant! I love it! :D
Jen Hagan said…
I'm so glad I gave you all a smile or a giggle. Never enough of those. And, Nat, um...no. :-)

Popular Posts