FO Friday the First

As promised, I'm back with an FO for my first FO Friday--and it IS the little Fundamental Cardigan, just as I'd hoped. You can also see that this morning I have gotten to the lower body section on the companion V-neck version, to be its fraternal twin. Gotta love doing a project on bulky yarn once in a while for super speed! The FO is still a tinch damp from blocking, but it's done. As you can see, I took the majority commentary advice and added the green buttons.

These buttons are still getting a little smothered by all the yummy fluffy bulkiness of the Lanaloft Bulky, but I think they'll work, especially when I add a finishing edge to the little buttonholes. I took the whole business outside today to try and give you a more realistic view of the color. No go. It still looks blue, when it is actually very lusciously turquoise. Now I have some gardening FO's to take care of.

Must move stepping stones a couple of inches to the left because of a recent revamp to the walkway to our back stoop.
And I have some weeding and grass cutting to do as soon as all this dew has dried up a bunch. I love our electric lawnmower, but it does not work well with lots of dew. It collects up a gang of grassmush underneath. Grassmush does not wend its way into the bag quite so much--it just affixes itself to the mower's underbelly, which calls for my stopping, unplugging the thing (me loves me fingers), and scraping the offending sludge away every few yards or so. The sun is out, though, so by the time I'm done weeding and such I should be able to give it all a trim.


After that I'm back to working on the V-Neck Cardi above. It'll be done before the weekend is, I'm sure.


Have a good weekend yourself and I hope it includes some good YARN!

Comments

Vanessa said…
I love that yarn! I made a pair of mittens out of that yarn and it's fab.
Nikki said…
Beautiful work, I love your color choices!
Kelli said…
So cute, I wish I had one in my size!!
Saffy said…
How cute! Love the colour :)
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks, Everyone!
Melissa Clarke said…
I love this pattern. Now I just need some grandbabies to knit for. NO, let's wait a while....

Popular Posts