Friday FO: Wanda Nell #4

I made it! I finished the latest Wanda Nell in time for Friday FO! Hurrah!
A couple of you may remember about this time last year when we investigated sock yarns for pairing in these two posts.
I barely started this version of the Wanda Nell Cardigan with Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Sailor's Delight and Wool in the Woods Cherub back then and just picked it back up last month to finish her up. Giving her all my attention over the past couple of weeks allowed me to get the job done. 
I love her!
This one has short little sleeves as opposed to the second one I made. Aunt Wanda now has that one (well, it was named for her!) that I made with Pagewood Farm Yukon in Sea Breeze.

And this one (my third one) has super long sleeves, because I just wanted to try it. Here is the post that tells how I adapted the pattern. 
You see I also added some crochet flower embellishment. This one was made with Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Chocolatier and Schaefer Nichole in Julia Child. Very foodie cardi! And a very comfy one, I might add.

The very first Wanda Nell that I made with Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering in Shells on the Beach and Maple Leaf was experimental and came out too short. Not only that, but the waist shaping was too close together so it doesn't fit as well as all the others. You'd think I'd have figured that out before I added the button band, the buttonhole band, the collar and the buttons. Boy am I balking at taking out all those parts and adding some length to it, but I must! This one is smooshy comfy too and I want to be able to actually wear it.
Sigh...the more time passes, the easier it will be to rip. I will need to take off the buttons, rip off the collar, pull off the bands and the ribbed hem, and yank her all the way back to the first set of decreases for the waist. Misery, folks. But there's always a bright side--at least I don't have to take out the sleeves!  
Still, I think I'll wait a little longer. 

And sadly, I have no time to make a whole other Wanda Nell, a fifth one, because I would love to! 
Gotta move on to the next project. Can't dally. However, I won't promise not to ever, ever make another one. Someday I'll revisit her. She's one of my very favorites.




Comments

Leah said…
I like how the variegated yarn looks when striped with another colour in the first photo. Very nice. Looks like a great cardigan to have on hand.
Great color choices!

Popular Posts