Courgettes!

Julia Child's Courgettes Sautées à la Provenҫale was a hit in the Hagan household last night!

I must admit I wanted to skip the blanching step and just cut the zucchini right up and get to it, but I decided to trust Julia and blanch away. I was rewarded with a wonderful aroma that took me back to memories of being with my granny in her kitchen as she blanched mountains of summer squash for freezing. And the dish turned out so good that I'm glad, so glad I did it completely as directed. The bread crumbs look a little too moist because I had to let them sit too long. Adding the minced garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and bread crumbs is supposed to be done just before serving, but these things aren't always easy to time perfectly. 

It was good anyway! So perfect and basic. Just zucchini, olive oil, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and parsley. I will definitely make this again, probably with some grilled chicken and a good Chardonnay.

Comments

Evelyn said…
Absolutely lovely!
Jen Hagan said…
You should try it, Evelyn. It's good to have lots of good zucchini recipes on hand when growing them. They are so prolific!

Popular Posts