New Stuff!

I've been holding out on ya.
But, seriously, it's been more true that I've had no time to tell you about a few new things I bought lately instead of actually purposely keeping you in the dark. I've been wanting to tell!
One was this little trio of lace weight hand-dyed yarn from my friend Keya of Zibeline Knits.
When I saw its loveliness, I knew I had to have it. The blue and peach are 100% alpaca and will be grouped with some light teal and some white of the same fiber for a crochet project. The green is 100% merino and will be knitted up into a little shawlette.
I also had to grab some of this Skinny Bugga from new company Cephalopod Yarns, one in Oleander Nymph (the buttery yellow), one in Montauk Monster (dark grey) and then recently they had to come out with this too-tempting colorway called Fig Eater. Well, you know I had to have that!
I plan to pair the yellow and grey for a colorwork project. We'll see what the Fig Eater becomes. 
I want to just look at it for a while first.
And then way back in February, my copy of the new edition of The Principles of Knitting finally came!
Fred had ordered it for me for Christmas, but when the pub date was pushed back Amazon just cancelled the order! He waited and waited and it just wasn't coming, so he went online to investigate and found it cancelled, ordered another one, and now it is mine, all mine!
I love it.

I hope you have enjoyed the yarn loveliness and are having a good day yourself.
I'm getting back to mailing off birthday presents, grabbing more Lost vids from the library and settling in for some X-Files and knitting. You have fun, too!

Comments

Popular Posts