Friday Food Fun: Cherry Almond Treats

Ever since we incorporated Chocolate Covered Katie's Fudge Babies into our regular snack routine, I've been dreaming up variations. I love cherries and I love almonds, so I had to experiment.
Cherry Almond Treats
1 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
pinch of salt

Blend all ingredients in your food processor. Roll into balls with some plastic wrap. 
Makes 24 balls

53 calories, 2 g fat, 7 mg sodium, 93 g potassium, 10 g carbs, 1 g protein, 1.25 fiber per ball 

I made these with these big bags and such from Costco, so more affordable. I must admit that the dried cherries in this mango and cherry mix are very sweet and I will probably try my next batch with dried cherries from the Food Co-op bin next time. I love that these Sun Date dates are from California.

I highly recommend these little treats. So yummy, all raw, vegan and loaded with potassium. 
Successful experiment!

Comments

Popular Posts