Making Wiggles & Felting Bags

I decided to make another Aran Wiggles for upcoming trunk shows this fall. It looks even better in this gorgeous (and so, so soft) Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL (50/50 alpaca/wool). It's like buttah, I tell you!

As you can see, I finally learned 2 sleeves on one long circular. Now I can do it with socks. Boy, was that some knitting gymnastics!


Also, I wanted to make another OXO Bag, but in some bright colors. Here she is in Cascade 220, colors 9461 (green heather), 8010 (ivory) & 8505 (white) mixed, and 2436 (orange heather). I made the bag with just 8505 and 2436. It needs lining now and it will be done.

Next time I'll show you my fun with Rudy!


Speaking of Rudy, my mom's birthday was this week. Happy, happy, Mom! (She's in LA, of all things.) Also, my oldest daughter just turned what my mom says is "the age of reason"--27! We had the week o' birthdays, for sure! Emily and Randall also closed on their very first house this week and Emily finished up her Maymester with aplomb, knowing so much more about adolescent psychology. It was a crazy week, y'all. And I can't tell ya the half of it, just trust me.

Last, but not least (well, least in size only), Sarah, Jason and Campbell have a new little housemate--Mallory. Hop over to Sarah's and see the cutie.

Okay, I'd better run and clean the kitchen and make veggie quesadillas. I think I wanna watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire tonight since I'm reading them all again in anticipation of the fifth movie and the seventh book and I'm almost done with that one! Fred will probably go along with that. Unless he whines for Animal House or something. (I just don't get it.)

Ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're alive!!!!! (BTW, I'm with Fred. I'd rather see Animal House. LOOK! A GIANT ZIT!)
LavenderSheep said…
Hey! Glad to see a new post up. Your patterns have been flying off the shelves lately!
Knittinreed said…
Love, love, love your OXO bag!!!
Aran Wiggles looks fab too.
dawnbrocco said…
Hi Fig,
My daughter just turned 27 on Saturday! (Son turns 26 in August.) How did we get to have such old children!? And I'm all for Harry Potter - movies and books!
Hi Jen - thanks for the welcoming of Ms. Mallory! Love the new OXO bag and Aran Wiggles looks luscious!

Popular Posts