Rudy Rules!

Before I rant about Rudy, I'll show you the star of my little back yard garden right now--this little peachy begonia. She just keeps on making pretty blooms!



Now to some Rudy. I just love making these bags! I gave my first set to my oldest daughter--she loves red--so I need to make up some more for shop models.



This isn't the best picture, but the reason I took it was to show the difference between making the large Rudy bag with 2 strands (bigger) and with just one strand (smaller). It doesn't just make the bag more sturdy, but it also makes it bigger without added stitches. Granted, the large one in this picture was made with Cascade 220 and the smaller one is with Patons Classic Wool, but they are very similar when felting.

What's even more fun to make is the Little Rudy. One skein of Cascade 220 does it, and it takes so little time.

Here's one I made with some bright pink alongside a prefelted one in light pink for comparison. I wanna make one in every color!







Okay, last thing for today. Remember how I whooped that Cast On published my Aidan Hoodie in their Nov-Jan 2006/2007 issue just as I wrote it? Well, that turned out not to be such a good thing. There was a little glitch in the body stitch count. Yeah, the whole initial setup of the sweater, the cast-on number, was incorrect for one of the sizes. I was contacted by a very nice reader about it, and found the mistake pronto. I rewrote part of the first paragraph as I edited to make it more clear as well. Cast On has added the fix to their corrections page here, in case anyone needs it.

Also, as I did for the reader who contacted me, if anyone has the issue and wants to knit Aidan, send me an email (yarnworks@figheadh.com) and I will send you extra charts.

Life goes on! I'll show you Wiggles progress next time and talk about the books coming out in the fall.

Happy Knitting, Y'all!

Comments

LavenderSheep said…
Sarah knit the small Rudy bag out of Nashua Ivy. It is really pretty and has sparkles.
dawnbrocco said…
Little Rudy is adorable! You design such nice bags, Fig!

Popular Posts