All Together Now



Wiggles has pulled herself together into one piece and is heading down the home stretch, or up the home stretch, I guess. Just shoulders and neck to go!


This was my first week since school got out and I am loving the increased knitting time. Also, thankfully, the weather here is staying cool so I can keep up the sweater knitting a while longer.

But I am already getting the socks back out. Sock knitting is good any old time, but especially when hot weather hits.


I am working Priscilla's Dream Socks by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts in Colinette Jitterbug yarn in Toscana #55--beautiful greens punctuated by lively primary colors. The quality of this yarn is such that it mesmerizes me as I knit with it. I just marvel at the twist and sheen of the fiber. Yum.



Also, a while back, I picked up a couple of skeins of TLC Cotton Plus with the express purpose of trying some thick, comfy socks with it. On size 6 needle, I used Judy's Magic Cast On for a 16-st toe, increased up to 40 sts, and I just worked Priscilla's short-row heel yesterday afternoon. I like it! I'm going to add a big, lush 2 x 2 rib cuff, going up a needle size. If it turns out well, I think I'll make some of these for my mom, sis, and daughters. Maybe they would actually wear these. I have knit them socks with nice sock yarn and they don't wear them--they think they're too nice! Whaddya gonna do?

Wear the socks, people! Sheesh.

(Happy Sock-and-whatever-else Knitting to the rest of you!)

Comments

Popular Posts