Lauren & Malcolm


We released six new designs for spring recently, and it's way past time to tell you about them! I'll do them two at a time.

Here's the cutie couple Jen & Chris modeling Lauren and Malcolm at Yorkshire Yarns in Lakewood.

Lauren is made with a lovely Schaefer yarn (info below) and the Malcolm is knit with Cascade Sierra. The Malcolm is a traditional style cable vest. The stitch pattern is so easy--the garter stitch area between cables means that all RS rows are knit. Fun.




Lauren is a tank with two different knit/purl patterns. The center front pattern is the Swirls & Garter pattern that I found in the Vogue Stitchionary: Volume One Knit & Purl. When I saw it I couldn't resist. Then I found the Dry Bones cable in Barbara Walker's Second Treasury and knew they would work well together. The yarn for this sample is Schaefer Susan, a beautiful silky 100% mercerized cotton. I used one of the subtle solids called Daylily.


I also decided to test the versatility of this design by making a Lauren in a yarn more suited for cold weather. This sample uses Cascade Eco Alpaca. The first time I tried this yarn in a caramel color, I made a sample of my Basic Aran Cap and used size 9 needles. Boy was that a loose knit. When I got this grey, I decided to try it as a DK, and I think it performs better that way. The Lauren is worked on size 5 needles, and with Eco Alpaca, I'm getting perfect gauge.

I am done with the front piece (shown here in progress) and am up the back piece a couple of inches. I'll definitely show you when it's done. It's so soft!


I'll be back next week to show you a baby design and one for kids!

Have a yarny week!

Comments

dawnbrocco said…
LOVE the vest design, fig! And what a pretty model!
Laura Nelkin said…
Love the Lauren top! I am putting a link to it on the Schaefer website so knitter's can find it!

Thanks, Laura (from Schaefer)

Popular Posts