Noodleheads

Hello, All! Fred and I took a break from repetitive pumpkin pie, turkey, and stuffing consumption to get five new patterns added to the site today. I am going to introduce them to you one by one.

In the spirit of the season, let's begin with a food-inspired design. I give you Noodleheads!

This whole idea started when I realized that a cable I was designing looked like a lasagna noodle. I wanted to put it into a sweater, but I thought I would try it on a headband first. I've been in a headband mood lately, anyway, so I just tried a couple more pasta-type cables (fettuccini in the middle and rotini on top) and here you have it. There's definitely going to be a Noodleheads II and maybe a III. I love pasta--I love knitting, so why not put 'em both together?

Any worsted-weight yarn and size 7 noodles, I mean needles (hyuck, hyuck) will get you a headband in no time. It's a great stashbuster and they would make really nifty presents.

So if you've had quite enough real food, why not cuddle up with some knitted food instead? Try a Noodlehead or two!

Comments

Rachel said…
Ha ha, that's too funny! That one does really look like a lasagna noodle, lol!

Popular Posts