Goodies!

My sweetie stuffed my stocking with goodies and showered me with Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Cat Bordhi's Second Treasury of Magical Knitting (so many treasures!), and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Secret Life of a Knitter. Wonderful stuff! I also got the Secret of Roan Inish DVD--a long wished-for item, to be sure.



And then my mom gifted me with the new Wiz (great extras in there!) and some Scottish music--bagpipes! Love it. That's a little necklace there with a piece of Connemara marble, too. The Wizard of Oz has long been a favorite for our family. When I was a little girl, it was shown on TV every Christmas, so we asscoiate it with Christmas, although it isn't a "Christmas" movie.

We had a beautiful, peaceful, homey Christmas. We watched all our favorite movies and listened to gobs of Christmas music. The weather hasn't cooperated, with rainy highs in the 40's, but maybe we'll get snow before spring comes around. This side of the Cascades is very balmy and wet right now, but the mountains and parts east are getting snow and very low temperatures.

I am definitely in the throes of finishitis--I'm sure the end of the year is inspiring that. It would be great to begin 2006 with these projects done. I will have FO pics in the next post, for I have finished a pair of gloves I started last winter (first gloves ever-fun!), finished a pair of felted slippers also started last winter, and have just the neck to go for PJ's Guernsey, among other things.

Mar sin leibh, an-drasta!

Comments

Popular Posts