Bare Naked Wools

Last November I was contacted by the nice folks at Bare Naked Wools, who wanted to know if I would like to try their yarn. I was intrigued, so I did my research. That's when I found out that they only source US fiber and that they don't dye it. 

Well, that's my favorite! 
I was in...way in. I gave them my wish list and they sent it all: four lovely skeins of different weights and fiber blends.


Very soon after receiving the squishy skeins, I caked them all up and started swatching.
The easiest plan was to make up a couple of hats from designs I had been ruminating upon. I'll tell you more about those later in the summer, but for now let  me tell you what happened when I swatched the Breakfast Blend DK in Bakery Rye. 
Cabled Cardigan Dream Sweater Idea!

I humbly wrote back to BNW and requested that we enter into a partnership with this project.
Guess what! They agreed! 

Shortly afterward, I received this beautiful stack of yarn to make the Dream Sweater.

Thus far I have swatched the cables, made the sketches, crunched the numbers, and tried out a start of the cardigan with a comparable yarn. I want my mistakes to happen NOT with this gorgeous yarn. Just a little more tinkering and I will be able to start the real, actual sweater. And then you may not hear from me so much. 

I know! I'm supposed to be running a kind of Junebug Days and taking jaunts. 
I'll try to get some of that in, too.




Comments

Cheryl said…
KnitSpot is a favorite blog and Anne Hanson's designs are wonderful. Needless to say, I was thrilled about your post today! I can't wait to see your beauty. I've knit Anne's patterns, but have yet to partake of a Bare Naked wool. This partnership is very exciting!
Jen Hagan said…
Thank you Cheryl! You really must get your hands on some BNW yarn. Stay tuned over the next couple of months, and we may be able to help you with that!

Popular Posts