Longest Break Ever!

Almost three months since I posted. What?

Let me explain....

Holidays
Need I say more? Well, perhaps I should add that Christmas 2013 was the first in years that I let myself get stressed, partly because I fell back into thinking I had to knit things for people.
Grandtwins Malcolm and Lucy
But I have to knit things for these people...they're too darned cute!

Family Events
We had one birth and one death at the beginning of 2014, two days apart. 
That's balance for you.

The new family member, Katy Eloise, went from NICU to happy and healthy, thank goodness.
I am still waiting to hold her, however. Let's just say the Atlanta ClusterBlob of January 2014 had something to do with that.

Providence
I hit the jackpot late in 2013 and got three freelance designs accepted by one of my very favorite publishers. Hopefully we will see those in print by fall of this year. (Yip!)

Catching Up
I had to work so hard on those three projects that I had no time for much else. I didn't even get online most days, so you can imagine that when it was all done and edited and shipped, I had to attend to things on an emergency basis. I couldn't even knit for a couple of days. I know! Tragic!

But now I am happily back to my Figheadh projects, which include some of this gorgeous yarn sent from Bare Naked Wools.
I am working up a couple of accessory designs and a cabled sweater with these all-natural, undyed yarns. They are just scrumptious. I hope to have those ready by fall. I am also in the midst of a lace cardigan for spring/summer and I hope to have that released in the next couple of months.

Stay tuned and I'll show you some peeks.

I hope you are all doing well and having a most healthy and prosperous 2014!
Onward!



Comments

Evelyn said…
Welcome back!! You sure have been busy with very important things.
Anonymous said…
So glad you're back...I check every day and was a little concerned...looking forward to your new patterns...beautiful grandchildren...God Bless!
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks Evelyn! Also thanks Anonymous, whoever you may be!

Popular Posts