500 Posts!

This is my 500th post! Yea Figknits! It only took me almost eight years to get there, but I made it. To honor the occasion, I think I'll make this one really pretty by telling you about our Montana vacation.

It's no secret to anyone that Montana is known as pie-in-the-sky Big Sky Country. I was skeptical, because how could anything live up to that much hype? Well, listen to me. This time it's true and maybe with extra big pie in that sky, because it's not just hype. The sky is vast and ongoing! You can see whole weather fronts coming at you from several directions, especially when you are lucky enough to be situated here.
This is just one of the views from our vacation home where we had 360-degree views of four different mountain ranges, all part of the Northern Rockies. Our generous friend allowed us to stay in his home near Bozeman, MT, for a week and it was a sweet, sweet stay. We watched rainstorms far over other mountain ranges, which happily didn't make it all the way over to us but once. That way, we could spend lots of time outside soaking up all the beauty.

There were lilacs...

...and columbine...

...and lots of aspens and blue skies...

...and hikes with more big blue sky views...

...good food and drink...

...and yarn!
Did you have any doubt there would be yarn?
I found these lovelies at Stix Yarn Shop in Bozeman, MT.
This is Shetland-Icelandic blend from Harvest Winds Farm in Livingston and Montana wool yarn from Thirteen Mile Lamb and Wool in Belgrade. Beautiful!

The last part of the trip was to Ravenwood, and that deserves a post of its own.
Be back soon with goat pictures!

Comments

The sky there is as awesome as you say. I just visited the Thirteen Mile Lamb & Wool farm a couple weeks ago and came home with yarn and roving. It was a fantastic visit. Becky was a wonderful hostess and tour guide. I need to check put that Shetland-Icelandic blend next time I'm up there.
Jen Hagan said…
Oh, how great for you, WS, to get to visit Thirteen Mile! It looks like such a wonderful place from perusing their site. I also found out after the fact that I missed the fiber festival in Hamilton, which had its last day the very day we arrived in Bozeman. Saw it on Knitter's Review the following Thursday. This just means I have lots to do when we go back! Supposedly there is a lot of fiber arts activity in the Bitter Root Valley. :-)

Popular Posts