WWIP #5

Happy Wednesday to you! I had to take a break from the Junebug posts to whip up a couple of cardigans. Yes, I know! There's been lots of those lately around here. When I am working on a project, I go deep, I'll tell ya. It's a good thing, too. When this pattern's finally released, I think I'll have almost all the kinks worked out.
Here's one of the latest, a manly little size 8 in Cascade Rustic (wool/linen blend). I am about to plunge in and finish up the button band (buttonhole placements all marked out, ya see) and decided to take a break and come say hi!
I also need to wish Junebug Sophie a fond, but late Happy Birthday (yesterday was her big day)! Sophie has been one of our very favorite models the past couple of years. She's just a natural, don't you think? In the picture above, she is modeling the Learn to Crochet Cowl at the Pagoda in Point Defiance Park.

This is an important picture in more ways than one. The Pagoda, built in 1914, was recently vandalized and is undergoing a rebuild. Some juvenile delinquent thought it would be fun to strike a match to it. I don't have anything good to say about that, except that the parks department needs $400,000 more to rebuild this historical structure, after the government budget and insurance have each kicked in their share. You will see a page to donate on the page I linked above. Those of you in the Tacoma area might be interested.

We are very lucky in Tacoma to have the beautiful Point Defiance Park for our enjoyment. The Pagoda has been the site of many weddings and other happy celebrations. Fred and I were married in the nearby Rose Garden Gazebo of this same park and hike there pretty regularly in its old-growth forests and gardens and along the beach and walkways of Commencement Bay. I truly love it there.
Thanks for your patience with this stream-of-conscience post. The mere mention of Point Defiance Park got me going. It means a lot to me.

Be back soon with more Junebug fun and maybe even more goodies to give away! I hope your day is going well, whatever your mind is wandering and wondering about.

Comments

Can I just say you an amazing knitter! Wow!
Kelli said…
:)!! Love all these things - the wee man cardigan, Sophie, You & Fred and The Pagoda ♥
Napiligal said…
My brother lives in Tacoma! We have house/pet sit for him and his family the past two years. We were there this year last week of March and first week of April. had a great time. Did my own shop hop while we were there. Love the new Yellow House Yarns in Puyallup. Unraveled in Federal Way and several others.
So sorry to read about the Pt D vandalism.
Yvonne
Sophie said…
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and the feature here! :)
Shelly said…
I LOVE that picture of you and Fred. You look so happy. Was this your wedding day?

Sorry about the vandalism, some people are just beyond comprehension.
Natalie Goza said…
I have been enjoying staying kept up with your blog, Mom. Some how, I missed this post. I am glad I caught it before doing my button band, that picture really helped.

Happy Belated Birthday, Sophie!
Jen Hagan said…
Shelly, yes, that was our wedding day. Nice and sweet and casual. You're welcome, Sophie! Thanks to all for the sweet comments!

Popular Posts