A Day at the Beach

A couple of weeks ago Fred, Natalie, and I spent a very pleasant Sunday afternoon just strolling down on the Commencement Bay waterfront, enjoying the new fall weather and snapping some shots. Look at that perfect blue sky.
Fred got this shot of one of the oldest restaurants here. You can still get authentic 50's food at The Harbor Lights--good ol' heart-attack-on-a-plate type food.

This is Mt Rainier from the grassy spot in Cummings Park (which I never knew was so called until then). Yes, that's snow up there, and if you hiked just a little way up there at Paradise you could walk in the snow--all summer long! I don't know how that happens, but I love living in a place where you can see this big guy several times a day.
Natalie caught Fred and me looking across the bay...

...and Fred caught Natalie watching me snatch a second to knit a couple of rounds on a sock.

And there should be more days like this.

Comments

Emmalee said…
What a lovely day! Wish we could have been there too!
Tracey said…
Wow, I wish I could get a view like that!

Popular Posts