Finito!

(Seagull Socks, my design, J. Knits Superwash Me, Denver; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J. K. Rowling)
This past weekend I finished the Seagull Socks and Deathly Hallows. Wow. I laughed, cried, exclaimed out loud, you name it. It was quite annoying to Fred, who was trying to finish Half-Blood Prince. In fact, as soon as I finished #7 Saturday afternoon I handed it straight over to him, because he was ready and waiting for it. We have had a blast reading back through all 4100 pages of this series. (Yeah, I added 'em up.) When you spend that much time with an author, by the end you are not just crying from plot development. You are starting to realize that it's the end...the end. There will be no more. Bittersweet. I think there should be no more, but still I'm sad. I will just have to read at least #6 and then #7 when the movies come out (hurry, please!)
Oh, yeah, the socks. I didn't have to make the pair. These days I am mostly knitting samples, so I really only have to make one. I can't help myself. The yarn and the pattern beg me to make more! I also had to make both of these.
(Zigzag Lace Socks, my design, Lavendar Sheep 100% Superwash Merino Mountain Sunset)

And just to illustrate the benefits of blocking your knits...most of the time, it's a really good idea.

One last thing! Look what finally popped up on my nasturtium plant! Yes, an actual flower, and there are more coming. I'm so relieved.
Thanks for popping by! Have a great day!

Comments

Sue said…
Gorgeous socks, both pairs. Wasnt HP a fabulous book, pity its the last, although the end chapter could lead to other things.
LavenderSheep said…
I love your socks! Both pairs! Of course I am partial to the Mountain Sunset socks, but that is only because I love to see my work knit up!
Shelly said…
I'm re-reading the Hallows second time through, I can't bear that it's all over. Summers reading HP has become a tradition with me.

I got my Zig Zag sock pattern, many thanks, can't wait to knit them up after the madness of OFFF.
Knittinreed said…
Love the socks. I will also re-read the HP series at some point.... it is knd of sad to be finished with HP, but also in a comforting way. Especially with JK's good ending. There is room for more.

I just heard she is penning a new series.. just in the "ink on the napkin" stage.

Popular Posts