She's Sew Crafty!

Sometimes when the thing you spend most of your time on takes a hit, you need to stand back and get some perspective--remember who you are, where you came from, all that jazz.

I needed some creative nurturing, so I got into my boxes of old crafts. You've got some, too, I'll bet. UnFinished Objects (UFO's--some people who read here may not familiar with our lingo--like some of my family members) you've carried around for years for one reason or another. Here are just a few of mine.

I have had this Vogart crewelwork kit for about 20 years. I just can't abandon all those hundreds of split stitches & such. I think I'll do some now and then--variety is the spice.





A smocking practice piece, which resulted in this...






The one and only smocked item I did--a baby dress for my first-born. I might do the French hand sewing involved again sometime, and maybe smocking on some knitting, but not in this context.






Then there's the whole tiny crochet thing. I was crocheting doilies in my 20's. Just like knitting, it's not just for grannies. I am trying to finish this little medallion, but I can't figure out which thread I used...none seem to match. I figured out the stitches, though!


Well, blogger seems to have decided enuff's enuff! I'll do this in two (or more) parts. In the meantime, show me your old crafts! Leave a comment if you do, so I'll go and have a look.

Comments

Popular Posts