Wanda Nell #5

I've been working on the Bare Naked Wools sweater for the past couple of weeks, but today the heat wave set in and I needed something lighter to work on for a bit. I got the hankering for a Wanda Nell! Yes, I know I've made four of her already, but there's always room for more. She's my favorite sock yarn game!

I happily searched my sock yarn stash and found these two.
This is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Addiction in Walk in the Woods and Stormy Day. You might think they wouldn't play well together...

...but look! So far, so good. Very good.

Of course, while visiting the stash I found other playmates.

Like this Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Strawberry Lemonade and this Claudia Hand Painted in Tropicana.
Very playful! They're having a wrestling match, in fact.

Also found this Cascade Heritage in color #5615 and more Claudia in Caribbean Blue.
Dreamy!

This picture does not do this pair the least bit of justice, but trust me. This Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in Willow and this Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Baltic Sea look like they came from the same womb...er...dye pot. They were meant to be!

Well, it looks like I have my Wanda Nell #5, #6, #7, and #8 all lined up. Job done.

Comments

La Rue said…
Fantastic colors - love them all!!!
Jen Hagan said…
Thanks LaRue!
CathieJ said…
I love all of those yarn pairings. Beautiful.
Jen Hagan said…
Thank you, Cathie! I just wish I could work them all up immediately. Alas, knitting does not allow that. It's supposed to be slow, I keep reminding myself. :-)

Popular Posts