Finishing the Global, Part 1

Last night I bound off my second Global Cable Coat, designed for Brave New Knits. Hurrah!!!
And here she is, before blocking, looking like she will fit a 10-year-old girl. I am not, nor am I the size of, a 10-year-old girl. But I am not worried! I know that a good blocking will do the trick to make this baby just my size.
I give you the closeup of just the sleeve cuff to show you how much in need of blocking this coat is. It will come out with a bell-shaped sleeve--not this wavy gravy thing that's going on presently.

And I only used half the yarn I had set aside for this. I have had this six skeins of Kerry Woollen Mills Jacob wool that I bought from the Harp and Shamrock here in town for over a year. It didn't know it was waiting to be a GCC. And to think I could make an entire other one with all this yarn. But I think not. I think it might want to be something new. A shorter Aran jacket, for instance? I've been imagining a cabled pea coat. Hmmm....Okay, back to the task at hand.


As I type this post, GCC is soaking in a cold bath with the last of this bottle of baby shampoo that I have been using in very small increments for a couple of years now. How fitting that this project took the last bits of it. It's been so long since I bought this now empty bottle that Kroger brand has completely remodeled the label and added chamomile to its already heavenly lavender scent. I hope they didn't muck it up, because, folks, this is one of the nicest smells in life. All my finished knits have had this lavendery scent for so long now that it's going to be quite an adjustment if this new one is not as nice. I haven't even cracked the super-safe seal on the new bottle yet for fear I'll find some putrid "new" aroma urging forth from it. Okay, I'm bearing up and with the support of all you bloggy friends I will go and check. Hold on and cross your fingers.
Okay! We can all breathe now and take a big whiff! The new baby shampoo smells different, indeed, but not putrid at all! I can live with this. Nice-smelling finished knits will abide.
It must have been all your knit-loving support that brought me luck.
I'll be back next time to show you the result of this coat blocking today and give you my list of adjustments to the pattern as it appears in the book.
Thanks for stopping by!



Comments

KatJobson said…
Your GCC is gorgeous, love the color and the cables are beautiful. You must post a pic after it is blocked or better yet model it.

Popular Posts