Snowed In

What? only five days left in 2008? Yikes--I'd better get busy. I feel like I've been taken hostage by the holidays here.

One project on the needles is a Cable Tam from Vogue Holiday using this soft Cleckheaton Country Silk 8 ply. I've been alerted that there are chart errors in the pattern, so I wanted to check it out for myself, not to mention wanting one of these for me! Yup, I already found an error in addition to the one on the magazine's errata page. I'll wait til I'm done to tell you everything I find. I love the tam when it gets to this point--just before putting it on a 16" circular. It makes a little flower. Cute.
We've been using the holidays as an excuse to make way too many scrumptious things, like these Swedish Rye Cookies, Rosemary Pine Nut Shortbread, and this Coconut Walnut Fudge. The fudge has coconut milk in it! How yum is that?
I grabbed these recipes off of 101 Cookbooks when they came up on my yahoo page. I've gotten lots of great recipes that way!
Another thing that has had us held hostage is this snow that dumped on us for six days straight. We were trapped, cuz, ya know, we have no snow plows here! If anybody wants to give the Puget Sound a big ol' present, send some snow plows over. We'd really appreciate it!

I start and end with yarn, because it's always the most important. Here's what I get to play with for the Great Wall of Yarn at TNNA show in San Diego next month. I can't wait to sink some hooks and needles into this Be Sweet Bambino and Swizzle from The Alpaca Yarn Company. I'll let you know what I come up with!
Sorry no links in this post. Gotta hurry. Google it if you want it. Works great! Especially with the multiple tab thingy.
That's all for now! Bundle up!

Comments

Unknown said…
Everything looks so yummy. Knitted goods and goodie goods. Thank you so much for the box of hilarious playthings! Happy New Year!

Popular Posts