Back to the Yarn

The air has been a little heavy lately here at figknits.

I know! Let's look at some yarn!
Most of this is from my visit to Lamb's Ear to see Roxy and pick up some swatching fiber. From the left, you see some ArtYarns Supermerino in color 105, some Manos (merino/corriedale blend) in color 113, a bit of Koigu, some Colinette Jitterbug 100% merino in Toscana 55, two "eye-talyun" merinos--Ornaghi Filati Merino Kind ("Superfine") and Berroco Pure Merino ("Extra Fine"), and some Louet Gems Superfine Merino fingering weight in lilac. Man, I really zeroed in on the merino, huh? And all these superhero yarns! Believe me, they are super.

It's like a world tour of yarn here. Via fiber, I've been to Japan, South Africa, Italy, Uruguay, Wales, and back to good old White Plains, NY. Can you name which yarn is from where? I already gave you a couple of hints!

I got the Art Yarns from Yarn 4 Socks, along with some others that really are sock yarns. The Supermerino here is worsted, and I am working up a mitten design with it. Lovely, people, lovely. Want a closeup?
There he is with the Manos doing backup. So soft and fun to work with. The colors are gorgeous, as well.

and here's a shot of the fabric:




Okay, that's enough for you--you're gonna get a fiber overload.

More next time!

P.S. All this loveliness brought to you by the fact that I finally upgraded to the new blogger. Now it is very generous with its image uploading...obviously. Yippee!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've made 3 projects with the ArtYarns supermerino and I LOVE IT!!! I've made two baby hats and I am currently working on the spiral scarf from Gaughan's "Knitting Nature". I just love it. It blooms, though, so if you didn't wash your swatch, you may be in for a bit of a surprise. :)
Anonymous said…
What a great stash enhancement you made!
monica said…
I love knitting with Artyarns supermerino, it is so lovely to work with. What a great bunch of yarn you acquired there. All of it is beautiful. I love the mens sweaters several posts down.
LavenderSheep said…
I think I could put a guess as to where each of those yarns comes from. Though that could be because of working in a yarn shop. Though the person who would really know is Sarah =)

Popular Posts