Sixpence Hat

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

I'm here with a little gift for you. It's been over six years since I released a free pattern, so let's make up for lost time! I am so grateful for each and every one of you who has purchased either one of my Figheadh patterns or Mirth patterns. I mean, grateful every time I see a pattern purchase--and PayPal lets me know each and every time. I always utter a little prayer of gratitude whenever this happens, because I am truly grateful that it still happens! I hope it continues.

Now on with your gift!

The Sixpence Hat came from wanting to use just two little cables to make a simple, classic beanie. Once I developed the idea and had my first try, I saw that it had six coin cables stacked on top of one another. That's why the name. The sixpence coin was once used in Great Britain for six pennies, or pence. Although the coin was retired in 1980, the term is still floated around.

Bare Naked Wools Kent DK

Here's the beanie style of the Sixpence, showing how the crown decrease forms a little flower on top. That takes some maneuvering, because the integrity of the cables and twists is maintained throughout. The pattern has charts for each section and detailed written instruction for round-by-round execution of all the techniques involved. 

You can find it in my Ravelry store here, or you can go straight to our site version here.
Cascade 220 Superwash

I hope you'll try the Sixpence Hat either for a gift or for yourself! It's a unisex design, so make one for anybody and everybody!


Comments

Popular Posts