Compordach & Kringla!

Good things come in pairs, like our recent Figheadh pattern releases!

This time, I am here to tell you about a couple of my freelance designs in current publications.

The first is the Compordach Mittens in the 2015 Interweave Knits Gifts issue.

This is a picture I took while getting these mittens ready to ship off to Colorado, just before I whip-stitched the lining into them.

We chose Quince & Co Chickadee in Caspian, which is one of their natural colors, for the mittens. For a soft lining, we chose one of Quince & Co's newer yarns, Piper, in the Caracara color.

Interweave Knits Gifts 2015
I can't wait until these come back to live with me. They are so cozy! In fact, Compordach means "comfortable" in Irish. Aptly named.

The second design I want to crow about is my Kringla Hat now in the fall 2015 issue of knit.purl.

Here's a sad little picture I managed to hastily snap before sending this little thing off.

knit.purl fall 2015
And here's a better picture of it on the model in knit.purl.

It's great little hat made with Rowan Purelife British Breeds Chunky Undyed in Shetland Moorit. The project flies off the needles because this yarn is so chunky. Again, aptly named. The design was named for the Danish cookie that is made by twisting ropes of dough into pretzel shapes. While working on this design in December 2014, I made my first batch of these and loved how pillowy and slightly sweet they are. They may become a holiday tradition around here.

I hope you'll pick up a copy of both these magazines (hard or digital) and try not only my patterns but others of the delectable knits included. I'd love to knit up more of them myself!

Comments

Popular Posts