Knat the Knitter

My youngest daughter Natalie was just here for a week visiting from Atlanta. I sent her off Tuesday to fly back home (and boy are her arms tired *cymbal crash*). The only thing that kept it from being an absolute blast was that she was sick (mild strep throat) and her requested trip to Portland was cancelled because of floods over I-5. Actually, I think they reopened the roads the day before we were going to venture down, but who wants to get into that? They were probably still letting semi-trucks through. Honestly, for a few days no delivery trucks were getting south nor east of here. Anyway, we were kinda bummed because we wanted to go to Voodoo Doughnut and Kell's and Powell's Book Store, among other novelties. Maybe next time.

What we did do a lot of was knit (oh, don't act surprised). Truly, that Nat is a natural knitter. She whipped out this Honeycomb Cable Cap in Malabrigo Worsted Merino in record time and then started in on a Mavis Lace Scarf in Patons Classic Wool. Purty, no?


I took her to The Yarn Stash to meet my buds Bonnie and Beth and there she picked out this Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in Jungle for me to knit her some socks. I am doing just stockinette toe-up with short-row heel for speed. I have the first one done--must CO the second!
Gotta go get socking!

(Don't forget to say "hi"!)

Comments

The Olson Four said…
So glad you and Natalie had fun visitng and knitting to your hearts' content!! LOVE the lace scarf.

Popular Posts