Knitting Group Day

One of my New Year's resolutions was to get a neighborhood knitting group going, so at the end of last year I called on my good friend Kelli to help. Thanks to Kelli, we now have a great little group of five and we had our second monthly meeting yesterday. Last month our guest was my mom, and this month it was my daughter Natalie's dear friend April, who flew in Wednesday from Arizona to check out the PNW.
We noshed and knit and enjoyed deep belly laughs over some really good story-telling. This bunch is full of the funny.

Three of the group came straight from Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat market in downtown Tacoma and had bags and bags of goodies to show.

April learned to knit with some bright yellow Lopi. She did a great job! I think she's hooked.
Later that afternoon, April agreed to model the Global Cable Coat for me. Natalie took the great photos, and April is a gorgeous model. Much better than I would have done, believe me.
And I just couldn't resist having her model the Lauren. I knew it would look perfect on her.
And it does, doesn't it? Thank you April and Natalie. Just to add--April stood around like this in chilly weather for us. She's a pro! And word has it she may be moving up here soon. I sure hope so, and not only because I'd love to have her model for me again. She's a treasure.
As for the Madrona, Fred and I will be going to the market tomorrow afternoon. I hope to see you there! I'll be wearing the Global Cable Coat. That is, if my recent internal thermostat will be still long enough to let me keep it on.
Happy Friday--I hope you have some good belly laughs today.

Comments

La Rue said…
Sorry I missed the second Knitting Group meeting (have you named the group yet?), the first one was way too much fun and Kelli's house tour was such a wonderful bonus. The knitwear and April are stunning!! Good job Natalie and April, and of course Jennifer for the excellent design and execution of those designs. Love the Lauren and Global Cable Coat!!!!
Kelli said…
We did have fun didn't we! (and I even got a little knitting done). Can't wait for the next one :)

p.s. Hi LaRue!

Popular Posts