Thanks TCM!

I'm taking a rare "day off" from the subbing today, and it's a good thing. I woke up at 12:30 (we go to bed by 9:30 most nights) and never got back to sleep. At about 1:30, I finally got up and did some work. I am getting designs ready for magazine submissions, as well as working on 8 test patterns.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day--the sun is shining--and the folks at Turner Classic Movies have made a great knitting/movie day for me with their 31 days of Oscar winners.

First up was Camille. I adore Greta Garbo. How could you not? This movie always makes me want to design bed jackets.









Then I was treated to the Ronald Coleman Tale of Two Cities. Such a joy to see Madame DeFarge in action, but also great to see Miss Pross kick her a** in the end! A little scene I never noticed before was at the guillotine when Sydney Carton is going to do the "far, far better thing" and everyone wonders where DeFarge is--the camera cuts to her knitting piled in the chair "in her usual place" (I know I'd do some great knitting while watching people's heads get lopped) and then it goes to another old hag who's knitting. She says, "Dropped a stitch! Cursed Aristocrats!" Yeah, blame everything on them.

"'Tis a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known."




Now the Grier Garson Pride & Prejudice is on, and of course there's knitting there. Mrs. Bennett loves to plop down with her knitting when Mr. Bennett just doesn't understand why she's in yet another tizzy!






Okay, back to working on a baby blanket pattern with cables done in a square round construction! Fun!

I hope you're having a great day, too!

Comments

Popular Posts